Revised concept of customer engagement. The concept of building customer commitment has been changing substantially recently. The emergence of social media and mobile technologies strengthened the position of customers. Their constant willingness to communicate and search for information determine how companies define the customer acquisition process and communicate with clients and what quality of customer experience they deliver.
Customer engagement map in the age of digital transformation
Revised concept of customer engagement
Recently, we have observed significant changes in building customer commitment. The emergence of social media and mobile technologies strengthened the position of customers. Their constant willingness to communicate and search for information determine how companies define the customer acquisition process and communicate with clients and what quality of customer experience they deliver. During the sales and customer service process, we no longer concentrate on customer touchpoints. What matters most is building lasting and valuable relationships and fostering them by creating cross-channels interactions.
5 out of 6 millennials in the US use social media mainly to search for information and news.
Revising the concept of customer engagement:
- Customer-centric operations integrated across the business
Involvement of all employees in matters related to customers, focus on customer satisfaction, coordination of experience delivered to clients and implemented strategies, marketing and sales activities carried out based on thorough customer knowledge.
- Creation and segmentation of fans
Following up with the client, using personalized content based on customer preferences and needs, transforming customers as brand ambassadors.
- Deep customer knowledge through direct data access
Making the best use of data to deliver outstanding customer experience.
- Marketing managers as technology experts
Cooperation with IT departments in decision making, as well as the adoption of tools to gain a competitive edge
What the customer engagement building is about by Microsoft?
Creating emotional connections with products
In the case when 5 out of 6 millennials use social media to initiate contact with the company, predicting what might be said about offered products and services should be a key component of the customer engagement strategy.
The Social Command Center was opened at Microsoft. This special platform is used to support users of @OneDrive, @Xbox and 26 other products that provide insight into consumers’ emotions and attitudes.
130 employees working in the Social Media Command Center in the US are intensively monitoring customer interactions on social media. By combining team efforts with all collected data and relevant technology, they are capable of monitoring 16 000 social interactions daily, in their head location in the US alone.
Building customer relationships with an in-depth analysis of the customer lifecycle
The first crucial step in developing the engagement strategy is getting in-depth information about the customer on all communication channels. Microsoft engaged in a project aimed at integration of knowledge collected from various sales and marketing channels but also the process of building deeper and more contextual relationships with customers across all segments.
The Global Engagement Program was initiated covering pre-sales and post-sales interactions with clients. The objective of the program is to enable the remote management of customer relationships throughout the entire cooperation cycle, starting from identifying prospects, interacting with the specific user who’s testing the demo software version to finalizing the transaction with the client purchasing the license.
Remote relationship management can be implemented using multiple channels, such as e-mail, online or mobile platform, social media or IPC applications, depending on preferences. This communication platform is to provide ongoing access to relevant and personalized information to streamline effective acquisition and retention of customers, as well as to build and sustain their commitment.
The Global Engagement Program deploys marketing automation, email and analytical tools used to generate demand.
Map your journey to engage customers
Understanding customer behavior is the prerequisite for their further engagement. Specialized knowledge plays an important role in detailed analysis of vast data volumes to recognize patterns of thought, emotion and behavior of customers registered in the company customer base
The business digital transformation map identifies three key priorities:
- Building the infrastructure to attract customers, including tools used for telemetric records, gathering and presenting complex customer information and modern commerce systems.
- Driving comprehensive searching, testing and generating of sales opportunities to boost revenue with cross-selling and upselling within the scope of provided services.
- Ensuring simpler integration (application platform interface) with API-enables services.
Phases of the customer engagement roadmap
Phase 1: Design and agree on the data model
- Decide whether you choose centralized or distributed data model
- Appoint the department responsible for data management: IT or operational units
- In-depth knowledge
Phase 2: Share comprehensive customer information across the organization
- Collect internal and external customer data from all channels.
- Enable the collection, storage, processing and distribution of big data.
- Consolidate data from all business segments for analytical and reporting purposes (e.g. centralized data on warehouses and company departments).
- Adjust the solution to share relevant data with partners operating on the market.
- Enhanced customer experience.
- Greater scope of cooperation.
- Improved customer satisfaction.
- Reduced operating costs.
Phase 3: Implement the acquired knowledge.
- Design a customer journey map.
- Analyze data to identify customer behavior patterns and obtain relevant knowledge.
- Create space for cooperation and information sharing.
- Allow access to key systems by means of services (API-enabled).
- Enhanced customer service.
- Deeper insight into key data.
- Sales growth.
Phase 4: Use predictive analytics to design personalized content and excellent customer experience.
- Implement predictive modelling and perform up-to-date analysis to better understand preferences and needs of customers.
- Promote offerings designed for selected customers, based on client information.
- Leverage analytics to offer decision-making options to customers.
- Create compelling and engaging media and customer experience.
- Boost sales through cross-selling and upselling.
- The feeling of satisfaction.
- Increased market share.
- Limited customer migration.
Sell more efficiently and improve customer service with Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central has been designed to address the needs of modern organizations focused on implementing new customer service standards. It is a powerful and comprehensive solution for small and midsized companies that helps streamline processes across all key areas of their businesses. The solution is the successor to Microsoft Dynamics NAV, one of the most recognized ERP systems globally.
Dynamics 365 Business Central offers robust analytical features and enhances the management of processes in the most crucial business areas: customer service, finance, projects, manufacturing, services and supply chain.
With a coherent environment, you can:
- Deliver excellent customer service across all touchpoints
With Dynamics 365 Business Central, you can set priorities concerning sales activities and classify clients based on profitability. Monitoring interactions with customers on an ongoing basis is vital, as is seeking the most effective ways of boosting sales at all stages of the sales cycle (e.g. upselling and cross-selling).
- Improve your sales efficiency
The solution streamlines all stages in the sales cycle – from generating the offer, processing the order to finalizing the transaction. Dynamics 365 Business Central enables you to respond swiftly to customer queries, manage notifications effectively and process payments directly from MS Outlook.
Do you want to find out more about Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Contact IT.Integro’s Customer Service Department:
phone no. +48 61 861 43 51